- All lysis software is given with the GPL v2 license.
- OpenWrt transforms your router into a formula 1 machine.
- ATMEL microcontrollers are the nicest for very low level control.
- Wikipedia has a comprehensive article on CAN-bus.
- VSCP is a very simple control protocol and it is open.
- Dallas Semiconductor manufactures the iButton and other 1-Wire devices.
- Asterisk is an open source PBX software.
- Control your PC over bluetooth with anyRemote.
- Cambridge Audio has very good amps with RS232 control.
- Adobe has cool Flex technology for browsers interacting with a server.
- Wikipedia on X10.
- EATON improved X10 with Xanura.
- Velleman domotics uses VELBUS as a CAN-bus implementation.
- AMD produces the energy efficient Athlon 4850e.
- DYNDNS is a free dynaminc DNS service.
- Download a free copy of the first edition Asterisk book.
- Gizmo offers a free voip service.
- Find voip provider configurations here.
- Danfoss has wireless radiator control over Z-wave.
- Silverstone has beautifull HTPC cases at a good price.
- Gigabyte and Asus ship AM2+ motherboards with energy efficient chipsets.
- ONE-NET is an open source wireless control protocol.
- The 8051 microcontroller is still there after 30 years.
- Want to make your own hardware? Have a look at the geda suite!
- The DS80C400 is a 8051 drop-in with 1-Wire master, ful CAN interface and ethernet.
- KEF has a tradition of making fine speakers. Quality does not always mean expensive, these C-series are easy on the pocket.
- REL Acoustics pioneers the road for sub-bass systems in the home theater.
- TNT-Audio is a good place to start for diy hifi interconnects.
- Here is all the info you need for compiling OpenWrt packages.
- When you plan your linux move, take a look at Debian first.
- Corsair makes this PSU, beautifully finished and with 80+ consumption rating.